Follow the steps below to create a feed.
1. Start a new feed
Mulwi Shopping Feeds app provides two ways of working with product feeds: feed file and integration.
- Click the Feeds radio button to open the feed generator interface.
- Press the Add button to launch the process of creating a new feed.
2. Choose the new feed template type
When starting a new feed, you can choose its template type: predefined or custom.
- Select Connect to marketplace to choose a predefined template. See the full list of supported marketplaces.
- Find a marketplace to connect to from the list. Press Show all to see the full list of available shopping engines.
- Click Create a custom feed to build an individual feed template:
- Select a feed format from the list: XML, CSV, or txt
- Set the data type for export: products or product variants
- Press Create
3. Configure the new feed
In order to create a new feed, you have to provide some data on it on three tabs: General, Upload settings, and Google Analytics.
3.1 Configure the General tab
The General tab provides basic information for the new feed. Field sets are generated depending on the selected template. Fill in only those available to you.
Feed Internal Name
- Provide Feed Internal Name. It’s a brief description of the feed to easily distinguish it in your feed list.
Product category / collection
- Set product category.
- Static Value. Choose the Google Shopping XML Feed category for your products.
- Dynamic Mapping. Select an available mapping from the list. Read about how to create a mapping here.
- Gender. Three predefined values are accepted: Male, Female, and Unisex.
- Age Group. It is the demographic for which products in the feed are intended. Accepted values: newborn, infant, toddler, kids, adult.
- Merchant Id. Set Merchant ID number.
- Delivery Time.
- Delivery Costs.
- Choose Stock Location. Select the stock location from a drop-down list of your warehouses or salepoints.
- Give Filename. It is a name for the feed file;
- Select Max number of items per file. Use this option to comply with the marketplaces that limit maximal number of items in the feed;
- Set Compression. Choose Zip archive to decrease the feed file size in case the marketplace supports archived feeds;
- Activate Applied filters. Choose here filters that you created in Filters;
- See the Estimated number of products and Estimated number of variants to know your feed is under the item limit of the marketplace.
3.2 Configure Upload Settings tab
On this tab, parameters for feed connection to the marketplace are set.
- Provide Connection settings
- Specify Auto Upload time period. Choose it from the drop-down list
- Select Protocol. The EDD can be uploaded via FTP or SFTP
- Type in Host. It’s an address of the marketplace server the feed should be uploaded to
- Choose Port. This port is used for connecting to the marketplace server
- Give Username and Password for your merchant account on the marketplace
- Set the Upload Directory. It is a path for uploading the feed to the marketplace server. Typically leave this field empty.
- Press Check connection to check if the connection data has been provided correctly
- Click Upload feed to launch the feed file uploading process manually
- See Last uploaded at to monitor the last date of successful feed upload
3.3 Configure Google Analytics tab
You can get the information on what product customers choose from your feed in Google Analytics by adding UTM codes.
- Give a Campaign source. It is a name for your feed campaign, for example, Facebook Dynamic Ad
- Provide the Campaign medium. It is a string to identify the medium, for example, Facebook product feed
- Type in the Campaign name. This name will be used to distinguish the feed data in Google Analytics
4. Set feed status
Already configured feed can be easily set on pause.
- Set the Feed status from the drop-down list.
- Choose Active to enable the feed. Inactive deactivates the feed
5. Save changes
You need to save any changes made in the feed configuration manually.
- Click Save in the upper part of the page
6. Generate the product feed
When the configured feed is saved, it can be generated in a file.
- Click Generate Now button on the page of the feed. You will be notified when the feed is generated.
7. Customize the product feed
A predefined feed template can be customized to suit your needs after it is first saved.
- Click Customize feed to activate a new Template tab. See Customize feeds template to know more about the feed template modification.
8. Access the product feed
You can access the feed before it is uploaded to the marketplace.
- Navigate to Feed block to preview the feed directly in your browser or save it as a file to your local hard drive.
- Click the Preview button to open the feed in a new browser tab. You will see raw data as it is saved in the feed. Alternatively, click on the feed link to save it to the file.
In case any change to the feed configuration was made, regeneration is needed. It is done automatically when the Save button is pressed. Launch manual feed generation by clicking Generate now.