1. Create the product feed
Before connecting your store to the Webgains network, you need to create and configure the feed.
Generate the product feed
- Navigate to Feeds > Add > Webgains to generate the feed for the Webgains Affiliate network. The feed is created in CSV format.
- Select General tab
- Give a unique Feed Internal Name
- Provide a unique Filename of exported CSV file, which later will be exported to Webgains
- Type in Delivery Time attribute
- Fill in Delivery Costs attribute
- Set Applied Filters if needed (see Filter exported products)
- Specify Translation language if needed (see Translate the feed)
- Configure the Google Analytics tab if required to track visitors from the marketplace
- Put Feed status to active
- Press Save
- Click Generate now
- Locate the link to the feed file in the Feed block. You will be pasting this link on Webgains site
You can add optional columns to your feed by clicking Customize Feed and modifying the default CSV template.
2. Connect your store to Webgains
Connecting your store to Webgains is executed through a respective account on its platform.
Register an account
The account can be obtained after submitting a form and talking to the Webgain’s manager.
- Navigate to the Webgains page
- Click Join us
- Select Join as an advertiser
- Press Click here link
- Fill out the form by providing the required information on your store:
- First name
- Last name
- Website URL
- Unique website visits per month
- Business type (set to advertizer/retailer/merchant)
- Additional information (optional)
- Submit the form and wait for Webgains reply
3. Upload the feed to Webgains
To start promoting your products on Webgains, you need to upload the feed to its server.
Submit the feed
- Login to your Webgains account on page platform.webgains.com
- Navigate to Product Feed section
- Click Create Feed
- Add data on the feed:
- Type in Feed name. It is internal name for Webgains
- Select Program. A promotion program the feed belongs to
- Choose Protocol. Set https
- Type in Source URL. Copy this URL in our app on the Webgains feed page.
- Our app provides you with the link that looks like https://feed.mulwi.com/f/test-store/webgains.csv. Paste the feed URL into Webgains Source URL field without https://
- Leave Username and Password blank. Our app provides URL accessible without credentials
- Configure Schedule for feed to be fetched
- Select the feed file Format from the list. Set CSV
- Set Feed status to active
- Save the feed
- Wait for the feed to be processed. Click Refetch to fetch immediately (available once a day)
If the feed has errors click History log to see the brief error description. Download the log to see on what lines errors were found.